6. What specialism services, experience, training and support are available at or accessed by the school?

In the first instance, the SENDCO will support the class teacher in planning for children with SEN. The school has a school development plan, including identified training needs for all staff to improve the teaching and learning of children including those with SEND.

As a school, we work very closely with a wide range of outside specialist agencies and have a very good working relationship with all of these. We currently work with:

• Educational Psychology Service – range of psychologist provided by CWAC
• Speech and Language Service – Celia Brandon and team
• School SEN consultant – Tracy Rimmer
• School Health (Nurse)
• School Health (Doctor) Team
• Through these we also have links to CAMHS and Occupational Therapy

If your child needs referring to these agencies, the SENDCO will liaise closely with them to refer and you will be given a copy of this referral. Your permission will always be sought before a referral is made and we will always explain why we are seeking advice from an outside agency.

Usually, a report is then written and the advice is followed in school on a programme of work to support your child. This is often administered by teaching assistants in school and monitored by the SENDCO.

Back to SEND Provision