8. How will my child/young person be included in activities outside the classroom including school trips?
• All children are included in all elements of the school curriculum and we aim for all children to be included on school trips. We will provide the necessary support to ensure that this is successful whether this be through a parent/carer supporting with a child or their 1:1 support assistant coming along with us.
• A risk assessment is carried out prior to any off site activity to ensure everyone’s health & safety is considered and this will often be shared with parents.
• In the unlikely event that it is considered unsafe for a child to take part in an activity, then alternative activities which will cover the same curriculum areas will be provided in school.
• We will always liaise with parents in the first instance about forthcoming trips and residential visits. All children at Wolverham, from Year 2 upwards, have the opportunity to go on overnight trips for a differing amount of time.
|Back to SEND Provision